Saturday, October 1, 2011

Faturday, Bork Bork!!

Faturday_header
So, I heard about this National Novel Writing Month in November,and I'm thinking about flexing my impressive literary muscle and try to write 50,000 words in the span of a month. (It probably won't be a novel, it most likely will be satire, much like this blog). In order to train my mind and body for a month-long marathon of soul-crushing disappointments, I have decided to try to write at least one post a day for the month of October. I have decided today that I will try to use themes, much like other blogs, but awesomer. My goal is to get you, my awesome readers, engaged....to have you share this with your friends, and have them get engaged. The more feedback I get on my writing, the more ideas are shared with me, the better off I will be in this project. So PLEASE feel free to comment, share, invite friends, link up, or promote my blog as much as you can!

So today is Faturday, not as in "You're Fat.", more like since I quit smoking after my heart attack, I realized that I can actually taste food again, so I have been experimenting with a lot of different and complex recipes at home.

But today isn't about that.......no.........no, it's not.

All my culinary accomplishments were extinguished in one single moment. I was heartbroken, much like my daughter, when I told her (jokingly) that I wouldn't allow Justin Beiber to marry her because I like Selena Gomez too much to hurt her feelings like that.

My wife dragged my family and I to that bastion of efficiency and stuff you didn't know you needed until you see it made by Swedes, Ikea. We hadn't eaten yet, so we decided to visit thier "cafe", which consisted of a lady behind a Panda Express-type buffet serving assembly. Of course, I got the Swedish Meatballs, or as I now refer to them, Angel's Hand-Rolled Slices of Heaven. 

As I cried into the plate of gravy and mashed potatoes, I realized that for all my newfound interest in cuisine, a chinese lady in a hairnet, working in a Swedish store in America brought me to my knees with her meatballs. Sweet, sweet, chinese lady.

But, I have done you, my fair readers, a favor, and found a copycat recipe, so you too can experience what can only be compared to eating unicorn meat. 

You can almost hear the harps while you make this...

And, since I am a child of the 80's.....I have found this clip which is awesome in it's own right. Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment