Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's Faturday!

Faturday_header
I know of someone who went to N'Awlins this week, and it reminded me of one specific event at my past job. 

We bought light towers from a company in N'Awlins, and to show their gratitude, the sales rep and an officer of the company came out to our store to cook some authentic grub.

The sales rep (what....you expect the exec to cook?) grabbed a HUGE wok that he apparently brought with him, loaded an empty 55 gallon metal drum we had on hand with coal, and cooked some of the best sausage and shrimp jambalaya I have ever had. I think just standing there watching him cook dinner in a 55 GALLON FREAKING DRUM might have enhanced the flavor. 

This then reminded me of the Cajun Colonel Sanders (trademark pending) himself, Justin Wilson. If any of you have not heard Justin Wilson, I Garontee that you won't understand a fucking word he says.....but he knows how to cook Cajun food! Too bad vamps, werewolves, fairies, and witches are overrunning Louisiana now.....

Justin Wilson's Jambalaya

 

No comments:

Post a Comment