Monday, July 9, 2012

MANday Music Selection


Granted, I'm a little late on this one, and the song and accompanying meme and phrase have run their course, and seem to be more irritating than clever, but I'll make an exception.

Bros, I'm looking squarely at you. If you don't have a tween daughter, or an underage girlfriend with an affinity for bubble gum pop, you may not have heard Carly Rae Jepsen's song "Call Me Maybe". If you HAVE heard it, I can guarantee with about 80% certainty that you have heard it a minimum of 5000 times. Now, I'm fine with this video, because, honestly, Carly Rae isn't hard on the eyes. (ed. note: This is a personal opinion, and does not reflect on anyone affiliated with this blog.....namely, my wife.)


Damn you, Canada.
So, I was shocked to find out someone has outdone Carly Rae. Someone has finally made a video that markets this song to the exact opposite demographic it was targeted to. Hardcore, testosterone laden, beer swilling, carnivorous, Ron Swanson idolizing men, like you and me. 



How can they possibly do such a thing? - you ask. Allow me to introduce the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders singing "Call Me Maybe" (ed. note - Sorry Jets fans, but....yeah, not really)




Suddenly, my opinions about this song have changed. For all the bad press Florida has been getting lately, I'm sure this is a little welcome ray of sunshine. AND, the Dolphins PR team knows what they're doing, because the comments for this video have been disabled. Well played, Miami. 


No comments:

Post a Comment