Wednesday, January 4, 2012

That's MR. Susie Housewife to you!

Wednesday
My wife is a Pintrest addict. She spends hours sifting through other people's boards for neat stuff to "pin" to her boards. She even has a board dedicated to all the dudes she wants to get with....besides me.

So, when she sent me this recipe for homemade laundry detergent to save a few bucks, I decided to hitch up my apron and give it a shot.

I am going to break down the recipe as follows: (all prices are from Amazon.com, because I'm not let out of the house to go shopping.)

1 - 3 lb. container OxyClean - $9.39

3 bars - 16.5 oz (total) Fels-Naptha bars - $11.97 total

1 - 4 lb. box Borax - $11.59

1 - 3 lb. 7 oz. box Arm & Hammer Washing Soda - $8.76

1 - 4 lb. box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda - $8.39

1 - 13.2 oz Downy Unstoppables scent booster - $9.29

Total spent - $59.39. Crazy, right?!?! Who in their right minds spends 60 bucks on laundry soap?

Total weight - 16 lbs. 2.7 oz

Suggested usage - 1 tablespoon, which equals 1/32 of a pound.

Total loads by weight - 517.4

I'm never going to have to buy laundry soap EVER AGAIN!

Yes
by the way, you can follow my boards on Pinterest here

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment