Sunday, January 1, 2012

SooperRant Sunday - Another Open Letter

Sooperreflections_sunday_banner
**DISCLAIMER** I have made fun of the "fairer sex" before in my blog and in public because, well, it's funny. I have used abuse jokes before, and my favorite is:

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing, you already told her twice.

So as you read, know that I'm not a hypocrite, but I do what I do for HUMOR. This rant is my opinion, but hopefully you share it if you believe I am correct.

Now on to the SooperReflection Rant....I think I'm going to like this.

An Open Letter to Rhianna

Dear Rhianna,

Over the Christmas holidays, I heard a rumor that I thought was unbelievable, but when researching, found in more than one source, so I take it as newsworthy (?).  

The situation has to do with your ex-boyfriend, Chris Brown, yourself, and Twitter. Although I don't take everything on Twitter as gospel, the "coincidence" of you and Mr. Brown posting loving tweets so close together cements this situation in my mind.

Two minutes later, you posted this: 

I know it's vague, and not pointed to any one person, but this "coincidence" has made me lose absolutely any and all respect for you that I had left.Do you remember that this douchebag is the one that treated your face like the sides of beef in "Rocky"?

In case you don't remember, let me help you out:

Rihanna_beat_face
But hey, I'm a dude. Why take my opinion to heart? My answer: don't. But I feel bad for the millions of abused women that looked to you for strength, who gave you their sympathy, who stood up for you. Jay-Z, the guy that you owe your CAREER to, even got mad when you wouldn't condemn Mr. Brown for what he did. I notice that you re-tweet a lot of Puff Diddy/Daddy/PDiddy/Puffy/Mr. Combs' tweets....he's the guy that immediately wanted you to forgive Mr. Brown.....strange.

I get "battered women syndrome", but the fact is you are talented and beautiful enough to literally HAND PICK any guy on the face of the planet. For you to even respond to the guy that threatened your career and your LIFE is inexcusable.

So, keep tweeting. I know I'm now a "hater", but I call it like I see it. You were a victim. You are now not a victim. You are weak.  Your comeback from the hell that your previous relationship was is remarkable, but you are throwing it away, and for that, you have lost my respect.

A Former Fan,

Brent Sieckman

1 comment: