Monday, December 19, 2011

I think they craft Kryptonite here...

Monday_header
This weekend, the family and I hit our local mall, and visited the seventh circle of Hell, otherwise known as Charming Charlie's

I knew something was wrong when upon entering, the overwhelming smell of cat lady nearly knocked my olfactory sense into submission.

Here's what this store is - according to the ladies: 

Charming Charlie is a fashion accessory boutique that has been delighting women of all ages since 2004. Through a unique blend of fun, style, color and affordability, Charming Charlie helps shoppers pull together their look through the key finishing touches – earrings, necklaces, bracelets, handbags, scarves, belts ... in a fun, boutique environment.

Let me describe it for the fellas:

Remember those plastic rings and shitty gold-tinted bracelets you used to get from the quarter machines at the store?

25-inch-2001-machine
These ones.

Apparently, whatever cartel stuffed these things with the jewelry decided that the quarter gig wasn't working anymore, and decided to open a "boutique" and charge 80,000% profit margin on thier crap.

AND they seperate it by color.

Hex_color
This is either the html codes for colors, or a Charming Charlie store layout. Guess which.

What really got me though, was standing in this store for OVER A FREAKING HOUR watching the retired cougars (yes, they might have been cougars once.....last century) go apeshit over this crap.

......and I was sick of being a model. Damn my good looks.

Resampled952011-12-169514-01-4195562

No comments:

Post a Comment