Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Newsday Tuesday!

Tuesday

Apparently, my technology post yesterday peeved some technologically challenged females. To make it up, I found a story showing just how insane men are. The headline says it all.

Police: Man threatened to blow up store over sold out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 video game

As some of you might know, I am an avid CoD player. I can safely say that I have never threatened anyone with mortal danger. 

An aside: the reason I wasn't allowed to play right after my heart attack is becauase my wife walked out on me one night while I was in the process of teaching a 12 year old kid some online manners. There was a lot of 4 letter words and references to Justin Bieber, but she thought it spiked my blood presaasure.

But back to the story, 

Witnesses told police Sar became angry and irate with the customer service desk shortly after midnight on Tuesday after they told him the video game he allegedly pre-ordered earlier in the day was no longer in stock.

This is where I say, "Good for that guy!". Why? I worked in an industry where if a customer made a RESERVATION, you had damn well better have what you promised, or there was going to be a fair amount of punishment doled out. You know, a reservation....

I understand that the company takes "pre-orders" as a way to estimate demand, but REALLY?? If your inventory level drops below your pre-order quantity (read: already paid for), then something is wrong.

Now, I'm not saying this guy was right to threathen the store employees by saying he was going to follow them home and use hand grenades and such.....This is probably the guy you don't want taking home a copy of MW3.

What really caught my eye was near the bottom of the article, however....

Over the weekend in France, men used tear gas to rob a delivery truck carrying 6,000 copies of the game. That shipment was worth more than $500,000.

WOW. Those guys are hardcore. But they're rookies, everyone knows that you don't steal in CoD, thats GTA!

No comments:

Post a Comment