Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blech.....Happy Hump Day.

Well, today is the day the house illness finally hit me. I was the last holdout, but my immune system decided that the defense sector is crumbling, and the economy is too weak to support inanimate objects of thier talent caliber.

Things I have to do while sick:

  • Wake up early and take the kids to school
  • Make breakfast
  • Play pretend cafe
  • Change dirty diapers
  • Be subjected to ear-splitting screams 
  • Pick up after my children
  • Try not to breathe on anything/anyone

Things I want to do while sick:

  • Sleep

Sick

So as you can see, I am quickly learning that being a stay at home parent SUCKS when you are sick. I am lucky in the fact that I have sister-in-laws close, and they would help if I needed it, but then, whatever would I blog about? If I can't post my misery in a public forum to gain sympathy and attention, then what good is the internet for?

On a side note, about REAL sick people...I am raising money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, more specifically Phoenix Children's Hospital, where my niece Anna received a life-saving brain surgery. I am participating in an event called Extra Life, and I'm trying to raise as much money as I can to help out a worthy cause. I know the economy sucks, and money is tight, but any amount you can donate is helpful and appreciated! 

Click here to donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment