Monday, August 8, 2011

Applying Kid's Logic to Adulthood......

I took my son and his buddies to breakfast for his birthday. We went to the local IHOP, because, well, everyone loves IHOP. After perusing the kids' menu, 3 of 4 came to the same conclusion....Create-A-Face Pancakes. Below is a picture straight from the menu.

Createafacepancake
When the order arrived at the table, the pancakes came with the strawberries and bananas on them already. The 3 that ordered started eating..........everything but the strawberries and bananas.......

I asked.."Why aren't you eating the fruit?"

"Because we don't like the fruit."

"But you saw in the picture that it had strawberries and bananas"

"Yeah, but I thought we could make our own face on the pancake."

".............even if you could make your own face, they would have still been with strawberries and bananas"

"Yeah, we know"

(I sat......brain clicking........I think my eye was twitching too.........silence.......trying to unfold that logic enigma)

And then, I thought......there are some of us adults that have never grown out of this logic stage.

Does anyone know the guy (or gal) that has the classic car, has dumped A TON of money into the car, and then doesn't drive it.......because it's "too valuable"? Or drives their Ferarri to work and home....nowhere else?

How about the aesthetician.....er.......wif.....er.......woman that buys an uber-expensive makeup set for ONE SINGLE SHADE OF EYESHADOW?

The person who rolls up to the welfare office in the Escalade? (yes, I have witnessed this myself.)

If this were the way people did business, Panasonic would be selling 72" black and white TVs with built-in BetaMax players.

Betamax
Exceptional technology........inferior marketing.

My brain hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment